Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Going for Gold

Goldsmith 50!


My first job to level 50, and also one that really touched my heart with it's lovely little questline. I learned a lot about crafting, made a bunch of high quality items for friends, and even accumulated a nice little chunk of change for myself. After all; no coin, no life!

Slight spoilers below!


Gigi, the foul-mouthed Mammet that never believed in Strawberry's skills ended up saving the day by helping take down the famous jewel thief Jade Fox - at the expensive of his own soul!


As it turns out, Strawberry's skills shone through, and with the power of a perfectly crafted black pearl, Gigi was back to his usual, nasty self!


Even better, Gigi's original name (or at least the name on his core) is Mnejing, one of Aphmau's automatons from Final Fantasy XI's Treasures of Aht Urghan expansion pack. As mentioned before, I was a huge fan of Puppetmaster, and despite this questline focusing on love, betrayal, jewels and thieves, this little nod to automatons, and ToAU, really touched my core.


All back to normal Mneji- I mean, Gigi!


And there we have it! The final quest nets you a relic main-hand tool, which also changes the appearance of your primary crafting surface, and one piece of Artifact Armor.

I bought the rest for cheap on the Marketplace, and found out you can even dye them!


Dalamund Red and Abyssal Blue will do for now! But, my life as a Goldsmith has just began. I managed to complete every crafting log entry up to 50, but now it's time to buckle down, and start working on the 50★ and 50★★ entries. it's going to take a lot of work and a lot of time, but eventually, I think I can get there!

As always, wish me luck! Oh, and if you need any melding on Tonberry, send me a tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment